I’m back from my trip from Europe and I can barely find the words to sum up the experience. I’ve traveled before…with family and friends…but it’s something else when you spend that much time with yourself. My old college roomie let me stay at her place and gave me the freedom to go out and explore Vienna while she went to work. All I can say is that it will be a trip I’ll always remember.
Here are some random realizations and fun facts I picked up on the way:
1. Macarons are available for purchase at McDonalds. I mean…can I say, “Dream come true?”
2. It’s amazing how many thoughts can pass through your mind on two 12-hour plane rides, two 4-hour bus rides, two 3-hour train rides, and a weeks worth of subway rides.
3. Czech Republic has the best beer I’ve ever tasted. And I hate beer.
4. I want to pick up as many languages my brain can contain. You don’t know how much of a relief it is to find someone who can speak your language while you’re in a foreign country. It would be nice to provide someone that kind of relief in the future.
5. I get lost on the regular…and I’m finding out that it’s not always a bad thing.
6. You won’t end up in another country if you go the wrong way on the U-Bahn in Vienna.
7. “If you’re not scared, just means you’re not sticking out your neck enough.” -Burt Hummel. You didn’t think just because I was out of the country that I was going to fall behind on Glee, did you? But it’s how I look at this trip.
8. Distractions can be a good thing.
9. Using maps and walking around town is the best way to see any city.
10. However long you’re gone for…things always manage to stay the same when you go home. I came home to my mom running late for work, my dad getting ready to clean, and my bro whipping up a 10 o’clock snack. It’s a comforting feeling.
11. No matter how far you travel…some people will still manage to have a hold on you. And you’ll never escape the things you’re running from, until you finally realize what’s good for you and what’s not.
12. So many people believe in protecting their love. I got to see two of the many sites around the world with existing Love Padlock sites…Salzburg, Austria and Prague, Czech Republic. Believing in love is so much better than losing your faith in it.